Friday, June 21, 2013

LET'S PLAY JEOPARDY!

Friday has arrived!!  I am very excited to share with everyone another fun way to review syllable types.  Who doesn't like to play Jeopardy?  I know I love it! 

This game reviews 5 syllable types:
CLOSED
BOSSY R
VOWEL CONSONANT E
DOUBLE VOWEL
OPEN

The class can be divided into two or three teams.  It depends on what works best for your classroom.  There is a slide to keep score and I usually cross out the questions that are completed so that the kids remember what has already been done.


There are many different question types.  I tried to really be true to the point value so the questions get harder as the point values increase.  I also included marking of syllables since it is an important component of breaking words apart and recognizing what the separate chunks represent.


Syllable Jeopardy is a great way to assess whether your students know the skills or need reinforcement in targeted areas.   Click HERE to get for your copy of Syllable Jeopardy!  Any comments, feedback or ideas are welcome.   I would love to hear from you.  Also please let me know if you have any requests for next week's PHONICS FRIDAY!

Don't forget to enter my 100 follower giveaway before time runs out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment