Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why Did You Become a Teacher?

 
I am linking up with Flying into First Grade for another fun getting acquainted linky!!

1.  What made you decide to become a teacher?
When I first started college, I really had no idea what I wanted to do as a career but my love of kids guided me to teaching:)  It also didn't hurt that my mom is a teacher of students with multiple disabilities.  She has been a great role model for me and has given me the "heart" to work with students with special needs.

2. What has been your most rewarding experience as a teacher?
My most rewarding experience as an educator is when students succeed.  As an interventionist, I watch kids struggle all day long:(  But my kiddos work hard and it makes my heart burst when the light bulb comes on!  There is nothing better then hearing a kid read on grade level when it didn't seem like it was possible when the year began.
 
3. If you were not a teacher, what would you be?
If I were not a teacher, I would love to be a librarian and be immersed in books all day long!! 

Why did you decide to become a teacher??  I can't wait to find out!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh number three is good.... I couldn't think of anything apart from being a mum, but I LOVE reading!!!

    I've just started following your blog :) I'm glad I found it, it looks like you could have some great resources as well in your TpT store!

    x Serena x
    Magic Mistakes & Mayhem

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so rewarding to see kids succeed in school! I can only imagine how much more special that is when you watch them struggle the majority of the time...to see that light bulb go off is amazing!

    Glad I found your blog as I am a first grade teacher always looking for new ideas! I am your newest follower!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete