Saturday, May 25, 2013

Five for Friday!!

I am excited to do my FIRST Five for Friday with Doodle Bugs Teaching.

5
Another year down:)  I can't believe I am finishing my 13th year of teaching!  Where did time go?  Before too long I will be the mother of a 13 year old.  How did that happen?

4
Books!  Books! and more Books!
At school this week we had a buy one get one free book sale.  I have a major love for books and I am a total sucker for a sale!  I got some great deals and added to my nonfiction collection.  I also got Pete the Cat goes to the Beach in the mail from Amazon.  I {heart} Pete the Cat!

3
I was excited to donate to the Oklahoma Relief fund on Teacher's Notebook and I also plan on donating on Teacher Pay Teachers.  My heart breaks for the community am so thankful to have an opportunity to do my little part to help.

2
 I posted my first PHONICS FRIDAY.  My goal when I started my blog was to share my phonics knowledge and creations with other teachers.  I have been running on the treadmill of life and haven't gotten around to it.  I hope to post every Friday and also do phonics posts to meet specific teacher requests.

1
I am excited to announce that I have joined the collaborative blog Teaching Blog Round Up!  I am so thankful for the opportunity to join other teachers in sharing ideas with the blogging community.  I am pumped to do my first post next week!
 

I love reading Five for Fridays!  I am happy to finally have gotten the courage to finally post one:)  I can't wait to read your five highlights of the week!!

7 comments:

  1. I really must do one of these, they're fun to read! It's great that you've joined TBR! I'm gonna keep an eye out for your post next week :)

    Danielle
    Apples, Ink and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the linky party. I love phonics ideas so I am definitely going to go look through some of your old posts. Congrats on joining Teaching Blog Round UP. I am your newest follower.
    Cindy
    First Grade A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you found me! I will have to check out your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I didn't know Pete was heading to the beach! He is one of my favorite characters!

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have an almost 13 year old too! Each day brings about some new kind of drama!! So jealous of your book finds!

    Karen
    anappleadayinfirstgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a thirteen year old... it is amazing how fast life goes. Everyone tells you it will, but it is frightening how fast it really goes. I am so excited about your Phonics Fridays!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kristy,
    I thought I was already a follower...so sorry. Now I'm your newest. :o)
    Love 5 for Friday - good job on your first one. Enjoy your summer.
    xoxo
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete