Sunday, March 31, 2013

What was your BEST Spring Break Moment?

Although spring break is coming to an end, I am not sad:)  Did I get everything accomplished that I needed to before break ended??  Not a chance!  But I am okay with that.

 I had a great time with my kids and my niece at the beginning of the week.  Then my hubby and I took a mini trip together to the Windy City!!  That was my best moment!  He and I have spent little to no alone time since the birth of our son close to two and a half years ago.  Sure, we have done movies and dinner, etc but we have not gotten away from everything for a little bit and just been able to breath normally for a change without someone yelling, "I need a drink or I am wearing this because I have NO clean clothes". 


My husband and I at Millennium Park

So here is our trip in a nutshell: 
We did some shopping for the kiddos who keep growing to the point I can not keep them in clothes.  We ate at two fabulous restaurants--Rosebud on the Rush and Harry Caray's.  We went to a hillarious improv show at Second City Comedy Club.  And my most favorite part of the trip we went to the Chicago Art Institute.  Wow was that cool!!  Seeing Van Gogh, Monet, Picasso up close and personal was unreal.  And of course the teacher in me is always present.  I had to buy a couple posters of famous paintings like American Gothic so that I could hang them up for the kids.  Many of my students rarely leave the small town or should I say "village" in which they live so I feel that it is important to expose them to as much as I can.  I want them to understand that there is a whole wide world out there just ready to be explored! 

So here is a challenge for you!  Can you guess the artist and name of the paintings below?  Guess right I will send you one of the new goodies I have been working on the last few weeks.    






Only eight more weeks until schools out!  I am not sure whether to be excited or stressed out!  There is still so much to do.  Thanks for taking the time to read my post!  I would love to hear about your best moment on spring break.  

No comments:

Post a Comment